Access control systems are important for any business, used as a means to control who can enter the premises at any time of the day or night, without requiring a member of staff to monitor your doors and entrances, or be situated at reception.
There are two types of access control:
- This refers to employees, contractors and visitors physically accessing buildings, rooms or event/construction sites.
- This refers to computer networks, individual system files and so on.
It is likely that your building will require access control systems for both types of access, to ensure that both your physical premises and company data is protected.
Gardant is able to work with you to design and install a physical door access control system on your premises. This will control who is able to access doors, gates and barriers via your choice of several installations including:
- Video entry systems
- Telephone entry systems
- Computer controlled systems (those controlled by cards, codes or key fobs)
Our access control service helps you to bring your security processes up to date. Whilst physical keys and reception services offer a basic level of security, an electronic access control system gives you more freedom and control over your premises and the people who have access to it.
Using an access control system you will be able to manage:
Who has access: You may wish to grant certain employees access to the entire building, whilst other members of staff can only access the areas in which they work. Visitor cards could offer visitors access to the public areas of the building, ensuring that it is not easy for people to wander in from the street.
When people can gain access: You may wish to offer different access times for those at different levels of responsibility, ensuring that only those that need access after hours are able to gain entry to the building.
Which parts of the building people can access
If you want to limit the abilities of employees, contractors and clients to enter sensitive or hazardous parts of the building then an access control system can do this – only allowing technicians into labs, or management into cash offices, for example.
Not only do these systems help to improve health and safety, they can also help you to narrow down who was in which part of the building if there is an accident or incident, allowing you to investigate more easily.
How It Works
- We will attend your premises to perform a site survey, in order to identify the best type of access control system for your premises.
- There are three types of Access Control System:
- Stand-alone systems are the simplest and most commonly-used by businesses. These systems are commonly made up of one or two small units fixed onto a door panel to control access to the door. Most businesses will use this type of system for main entrances only.
- PC-networked systems allow access to be tailored to each individual, controlled by software that can be altered and adapted as individuals obtain higher security clearance. These systems are best for more complicated building structures where different people have different levels of access.
- Door entry systems allow entry for visitors who aren’t able to access the building via the access control system.
- You can then choose the identifiers you want to use. You can choose from a range of options including access cards, which are the most common, or another proximity reader like a key fob. You can also use codes, fingerprints or even iris identification, depending on the level of security access required.
- Once we have your system designed, our professional team will set up your access control system. Our qualified engineers will:
- Run cabling through your building, connecting internet and power to the system, and tucking all cables safely out of sight.
- Install new locks on each of the doors we are securing.
- Install the access control panel. This will usually be wherever the server is located, or in a secure control room.
- We can also install a backup power supply if necessary.
- Connect readers to each door
- Help you to set up a door access schedule, so that you know when each person or group can access which doors and how.
- Finally our engineers test every part of the system to make sure that it is working correctly before we leave your premises.
If you want to know more about access control systems, or are ready to set up your own, just call 0345 5480184, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will get back to you.
We have been working alongside Gardant Security Ltd for now for six months plus, I have received nothing but a first-class Door Supervision service, working together to provide a safe environment. From risk assessments to training, the Gardant team are always trying to improve so they can achieve a great customer experience. We have a great relationship that I hope we can continue moving forward, thank you.
Absolute delight to talk to Easy to follow and we'll managed would highly recommend services
Can’t fault the service provided! Very quick response and very reasonably priced for the service! Would definitely recommend and use this company again 🙂
I cannot fault this company one bit, they advised, supported and helped with every aspect of my holiday park. the security was fantastic and was obvious they took their time picking their own staff
Probably one of the most professional companies I have used, everything was pain free from start to finish. All their staff turn up to work looking smart and presentable.
We had Gardant install a CCTV system to our property and we cannot fault the work carried out! From start to finish they assisted in providing the highest quality of service. I will definitely use Gardant for future requirements going forward.
North Devon Office: Gardant Security Ltd, CA Building, The Strand, Barnstaple EX31 1EU
South Devon Office: Gardant Security Ltd, Ensign House, Parkway Court , Longbridge Road, Plymouth, PL6 8LR
Monday-Friday: 8am - 5pm
Get in touch for a free, no obligation, security consultation.1