Fire Alarm System
Fire alarms are required to be installed in most buildings in the UK under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. This means that, if you own a business, chances are you will already have or be looking for the right system for your needs.
Aside from the legal requirements, fitting your premises with an appropriate fire alarm system is the best way for you to protect your property and goods from fire, and also the most reliable way to inform employees and customers of an emergency.
There are three basic types of fire alarms
- Conventional fire alarms. These are the most common type of fire alarm system, as they are cost effective and most suitable for smaller buildings. With these alarms, the building is split into several detection ‘zones’, which are linked to a central control panel. If the alarm is triggered, the control panel will show where the problem is, making it easy to identify and resolve.
- Addressable fire alarm systems. Similar to the conventional systems, these alarms boast extra detectors to pinpoint not only the zone in which the problem is, but also the actual location of the fire within the zone. This is the best system for larger or more complex buildings, as it cuts down the time needed to investigate faults or fires.
- Wireless fire alarm systems. These are the latest and most advanced forms of fire detection technology. Battery powered and easy to install, they offer the best up-to-date and cost effective way to protect vacant properties and remote sites.
Aside from these three types of fire alarm, we are also able to discuss further options with you to suit your requirements, including:
- Emergency lighting
- Gas extinguishing systems
- PA/VA fire alarm systems
- WC alarms
- Air aspiration systems
- Induction loop
- Fire extinguishers
How It Works
- Gardant offers a full-service fire alarm design, install and maintenance service for all types of detection, tailored to the individual client. Our team will attend your premises to assess your needs and perform a full risk assessment to evaluate your system requirements and what requirements your building must satisfy in order to conform to industry regulations.
- Together we will decide the best system for you and your premises. Once agreed, engineers will attend and install a full system according to the requirements of BS EN ISO 9001:2015 and BS 5839:1-2017
- Following the installation, our engineers will visit at least every six months to perform maintenance checks in accordance with BS5839, and will perform any fire alarm maintenance necessary to fix faults and keep the system in good working order.
- We are also able to provide an alarm monitoring service. Should your alarm be activated, security officers will be dispatched to your address day or night, alerting the emergency services or resetting the alarm as appropriate. Arrange a consultation with us to find out more.
We provide a 24 hour emergency call-out service for those who adopt our services to install their full fire alarm system. Just call the number found on your service sticker or paperwork, and an engineer will assist over the phone to try and rectify the problem.
If the engineer is unable to solve an issue over the phone then you will be able to make an appointment for an engineer to attend within 24 hours.
Call 0345 5480184 or email email@example.com to find out more.
Can’t fault the service provided! Very quick response and very reasonably priced for the service! Would definitely recommend and use this company again 🙂
Probably one of the most professional companies I have used, everything was pain free from start to finish. All their staff turn up to work looking smart and presentable.
I cannot fault this company one bit, they advised, supported and helped with every aspect of my holiday park. the security was fantastic and was obvious they took their time picking their own staff
Absolute delight to talk to Easy to follow and we'll managed would highly recommend services
We have been working alongside Gardant Security Ltd for now for six months plus, I have received nothing but a first-class Door Supervision service, working together to provide a safe environment. From risk assessments to training, the Gardant team are always trying to improve so they can achieve a great customer experience. We have a great relationship that I hope we can continue moving forward, thank you.
North Devon Office: Gardant Security Ltd, CA Building, The Strand, Barnstaple EX31 1EU
South Devon Office: Gardant Security Ltd, Ensign House, Parkway Court , Longbridge Road, Plymouth, PL6 8LR
Monday-Friday: 8am - 5pm
Get in touch for a free, no obligation, security consultation.1