Portable appliance testing
Portable appliance testing (PAT) should be carried out by businesses annually on all electrical appliances in their premises in order to meet Health & Safety requirements and insurance conditions.
PAT tests are not a legal obligation, but employers do have a duty of care to employees – which means ensuring the safety of the equipment they are using and their work environment.
While it is possible for businesses to conduct PAT testing on their own, it is recommended that businesses employ PAT testing companies in order to guarantee a safe and professional procedure is carried out, that doesn’t pose any risk to employees.
Portable appliances refer to any equipment that is connected to mains power, or a generator, by means of a flexible cable, plug and socket. Our PAT testing services will also check extension leads, power cords, plugs and sockets.
Gardant is able to test all types of electrical equipment, including those plugged into the mains power supply, 110v, 230v, 415v and three-phase with plugs or industrial adaptors.
How It Works
- An experienced and qualified engineer will attend your premises to perform a full assessment of every appliance on your premises.
- We will run a full PAT test on each appliance, which consists of both a visual inspection and a thorough test using our specialist testing equipment.
- A full PAT test will involve:
- Rewiring of cables as required
- Changing of plug-tops in order to meet current BS Standards
- Numbering of each appliance
- Updating or replacing of fuses as required
- At the conclusion of each test, the appliance will be marked ‘pass’ or ‘fail’ and a full report will be provided to you showing what we have found, and why we have given the marks that we have, allowing you to make changes as necessary in order to comply with regulations.
- Before we leave you we will schedule your next PAT test according to the information we have gathered during our inspection, as well as other considerations including:
- The risk level of your business premises
- The category of each appliance
- The electrical class of each appliance
- The age of your appliances
- How often each appliance is used
- Manufacturers recommendations
- Risk factors identified during the test.
If you have any questions about PAT testing, or wish to book a consultation, please call 0345 5480184, or email email@example.com and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
We have been working alongside Gardant Security Ltd for now for six months plus, I have received nothing but a first-class Door Supervision service, working together to provide a safe environment. From risk assessments to training, the Gardant team are always trying to improve so they can achieve a great customer experience. We have a great relationship that I hope we can continue moving forward, thank you.
Probably one of the most professional companies I have used, everything was pain free from start to finish. All their staff turn up to work looking smart and presentable.
Absolute delight to talk to Easy to follow and we'll managed would highly recommend services
Can’t fault the service provided! Very quick response and very reasonably priced for the service! Would definitely recommend and use this company again 🙂
I cannot fault this company one bit, they advised, supported and helped with every aspect of my holiday park. the security was fantastic and was obvious they took their time picking their own staff
We had Gardant install a CCTV system to our property and we cannot fault the work carried out! From start to finish they assisted in providing the highest quality of service. I will definitely use Gardant for future requirements going forward.
North Devon Office: Gardant Security Ltd, CA Building, The Strand, Barnstaple EX31 1EU
South Devon Office: Gardant Security Ltd, Ensign House, Parkway Court , Longbridge Road, Plymouth, PL6 8LR
Monday-Friday: 8am - 5pm
Get in touch for a free, no obligation, security consultation.1